- 7th International Conference:Arctic Shelf Development: Step by step
- Arctic Shelf Development: Step by step
Nonprofit organization “Association of Suppliers for Oil and Gas Industry “Murmanshelf” invites you to participate in the 7th International Conference «ARCTIC DEVELOPMENT: STEP BY STEP». The Conference will take place in Murmansk on the 18th – 19th of November, 2014 supported by the Government of the Murmansk Region in the framework of the III Murmansk International Business Week.
The opening speech was made by Artur Chilingarov, Special representative of the President of the Russian Federation for international cooperation in the Arctic and Antarctic, President of Association of Polar Explorers of Russia; Alexey Tyukavin, First-Vice Governor of Murmansk region; Ole Andreas Lindeman, Consul General of General Consulate of Kingdom Norway in Murmansk; and Pirkko Mäkikokkila, Consul of Consulate General of Finland in St. Petersburg, Murmansk branch.
The conference met more than 150 participants from such countries as Russia, Finland, Canada, Norway, the Netherlands, the USA, among them: specialists from oil and gas companies which specialize in exploration, production and refinery of hydrocarbon raw materials, suppliers of oil and gas industry, scientific and research institutes, educational institutions, representatives of legislative and executive authorities.
Plenary session consisted of following reports:
1) Hydrocarbon development in the Arctic zone, Viktor Obmetko, Head of Office of geological exploration on the Arctic shelf, Department of geological exploration, NC "Rosneft"
2) Harsh environment exploration and production, Svein Oge Dahl Olsen, Head of Government Relations and Public Affairs, "Statoil Russia"
3) Dolginskoe field: status and perspectives, Alexey Fadeev, Head of the Production Department of "Gazpromneft-Sakhalin"
4) Key directions of the Arctic geophysical researches in 2014, Gennady Ivanov, Assistant in Science of Director General of "Marine Arctic Geological Expedition"
5) Developing monitoring of investment projects in hydrocarbon resources of the Arctic shelf to estimate service market in North-West region, Michail Grigoriev, Director of "Gecon", member of the Scientific Council at the Security Council of the Russian Federation
6) Engineering approaches for development of Murmansk gas field, Leonid Kulpin, Chief Research Scientist in Oil and Gas Institute, Director General of "NIPImorneft", PhD in Technical Science, Russian Academy of Natural Science
7) Modern approaches to develop extremely shallow shelf in the Arctic zone, Alexander Papusha, PhD in Technical Science, professor, Murmansk State Technical University
8) Russian shelf projects: peculiarities of taxification, Pavel Mironov, Chief Manager, "KPMG"
9) Arctic projects: modern problems and legislation improvement, Pavel Kondukov, Head of "Pepeliaev Group"
There was also discussion at the round table on the topic "International cooperation in OSR-operations in the Arctic region". Key issues here were operators’ plans and needs in providing environmental safety of drilling operations in the Arctic region, planning of OSR-operations, the Oil Spill Response Competence Center in the Arctic, new technologies for cleaning tanks to transship and store oil products. Among the participants of that discussion were Alexander Glazov, Director "EcoService"; Olga Sarkova, Director General of "Industrial Safety Systems"; Natalya Gololobova, Head of CSR Department of "Statoil Russia"; Ilya Kulikov, Director of "Murmansk CSM"; Valery Erofeev, Deputy Director of "NPF "RIVT"; Anatoly Shavykin, Chief of Laboratory of Engineering Ecology in "Murmansk Marine Biological Institute" RAS, PhD in Technical Science; Vasily Korenev, Director Advisor of Northern branch of "Maritime Rescue Service".
During the discussion at the round table Olga Buch, Director General of "Association "Murmanshelf" presented the informational portal of The Oil Spill Response Competence Center in the Arctic.
Participants of the conference organized also discussion "Oil and gas industry: import substitution and localization" and they considered localization and import substitution in Russian oil and gas industry, tendencies of development for Russian oilfield services companies, the role of international cooperation in realization of such strategies. Invited speakers there: Anatoly Vinogradov, Mamber of the RANS, Deputy Director of Geophysical Survey of RAS, Director of Kola Branch; Oleg Kostenko, Deputy Chairman of Committee for Development of Industry and Entrepreneurship of Murmansk region; Sergey Smirnov, Director of Association "Sozvezdie".
"Association "Murmanshelf" organized also 35 business meetings for the participants of the conference. There was an opportunity for the companies to visit X international exhibition "SevTEK".
NPO "Association "Murmanshelf" thank all participants for good work during the conference and hopes to continue their cooperation.